Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Most Humble Thanks

Before I return you to our regularly scheduled program, "Tomfoolery Towards Paris," I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude to more than a few individuals.

Thanks to all who have e-mailed and called with their support and good natured ribbing. Double thanks to those who have done so via “comments.” I am delighted that so many friends, old and new, near and far, have supported me in my endeavor.

Thanks to Mike at Cal’s for encouragement, advice, goo and keeping me on course in the middle of the night, in rural Wisconsin after 22 hours and 235 miles.

Thanks to Julie & crew (Ben, Ben, Snacks) for sharing hotel costs, the ride up & back, and general support. It was fun hanging with everyone, let us not become strangers!

Thanks to The Great Lakes Randonneurs for organizing a world class brevet series through scenic southern Wisconsin and to all my fellow members for their advice, insights and camaraderie.

Thanks to my riding buddies Lauren, Adrian, Lawyer Jim and Greenfield for accompanying me (or allowing me to accompany them) on rides, be they brevet, midnight rambles or camping excursions.

Finally thanks to all who have watched Daisy Dog in my absence: my roommate Steve; Lawyer Jim; and, most particularly Bob Matter, who has house/dog-sat more times than I can recall— sometimes not even receiving a cold beer or clean towel for his effort. Without their help I could not disappear for days at a stretch to pursue my own warped dream, knowing that the hound is in good hands.

My unlimited Love to you all,

T.C.

P.S. Bad Dog!!

1 comment:

julie said...

Daisy needs to meet Molly, our pit mix. they'd be best buddies.